Thursday, February 23, 2012

"Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting." - Edmund Burke

Morning All!

How are you on this beautiful Thursday morning? I am sitting a table, typing on a laptop with a mug of hot apple cider beside me. My life is sweet.

Anyhoo - now to the point of this post.

My English teacher is really awesome this semester (so you will be hearing a lot about her!) She was talking the other day and said that we should do a reflection on writing/other forms of creativity. On the writing we do on blogs, or the doodles, drawings, stuff we have put in our WRNs (Writing, Reading Notebooks), and all sorts of other stuff. So of course, I am going to do that!

First off, I am happy that I am in this course, it has somewhat "forced" me to maintain my blog. My blog was something that I kept in the back of my mind. I kept saying to myself "I'll get back to it, I just need to have time. I need a better book to review" I just kept making excuses. But now, this will be my 5th post in February he same number that I had in 2011! Since you know... I didn't post from August until 2 weeks ago... I really love keeping up my blog. It gives me a chance to put my opinion out there, and even sometimes get feedback from people that I don't necessarily know.

My doodles on the other hand aren't my favourite thing. I am not that great at drawing and they weren't really the best things that I have ever done. I am definitely not an artist. (At least, not one that works with pencils or paint. Unless you want some interesting abstract paintings done.) I did however enjoy the "listography" doodle much more than the "digital footprint" doodle. It was more interesting and easier, because I have a lot of favourite books. Most of those books were also easy to come up with a doodle for.

Out of everything we have done so far this semester in Creative Writing, I most certainly have enjoyed the blogging the most. As I mentioned earlier, I love keeping up with my blog, which I never really did before. I have also so far like the fact that every Friday in class is a reading class. That is the best kind of class to me, because reading is the best thing ever in my opinion.

If I were to choose, I think that I would really like to have a chance to just do "creative writing" be given a broad topic and just let to write our own short story around that topic. That is something that I would find really interesting to do.

Ah well. You never know what might happen!!

Emily


OH! This is a picture that has been circling around the internet, and I just really love it.


So true, isn't it?

No comments: